Happy February! Happy… Super Bowl Sunday? Do we celebrate that? Well, whatever you’re doing to mark this day, we hope it’s joyful and soul-lifting. Find new inspiration – possibly with what you’ll find below!
This week on the website:
- Wendy MacNaughton’s profile sketches, drawn at the San Francisco Public Library, capture a community that is living and breathing. ”Even more than books, the structure is made of people. It is one of the last truly social resources left that anyone uses.”
- Portsmouth Public Library invited artists to curate displays on the books that inspired them – could this work at your library?
- Loesja Vigour brings us a unique insight, the view from a prison library, where inspiration can flourish quickly.
- Illustrator Lisa Congdon talks about a new, exciting project with Brainpicker’s Maria Popova, as well as her love of libraries.
- We check back in with The Labs @ Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, where this digital makerspace turned the library into a recording studio– complete with sample tracks recorded by teens!
News from the social media neighborhood:
New from around the web:
What new ventures, projects, or ideas will you be chasing this month? We’d love to hear! Connect with us in the comments, via e-mail, or on Twitter & Facebook. Have a great, inspiring week!